Emily Madden from HEB Cooking Connection makes a spicy twist on a southern favorite.
Here's the recipe:
Green Chili Waffles
2 ½ cup Bisquick mix
1 cup milk
1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
1 Tbsp Veg. oil
1 ½ cup Cookwell & Company Green Chile Stew
½ jar Roberts Reserve Hatch Pepper Honey Glaze
• Combing everything except cheddar and hatch pepper honey glaze and mix well.
• Fold in cheese and cook in greased waffle iron.
• Top with Hatch Chicken Tenders (see separate recipe) and Hatch Pepper Honey Glaze for great chicken & waffles
Hatch Chicken Tenders
Oil for frying
Wet batter Dry Batter
2 eggs 2 cup flour
5 Tbsp whole milk, or buttermilk 1 Tbsp Adams Reserve Green Chile Rub
1 Tbsp Chalula Hot Sauce 3-4 handfuls Central Market
(or your favorite hot sauce!) Hatch Tortilla Chips
• In bowl combine wet batter ingredients and mix well.
• If food processor or blender mix 1 cup of flour w/ dry ingredients until chips are very crushed, and place on plate.
• On 3rd plate place remaining flour.
• Heat oil in frying pan, bread chicken in flour, then wet, and then dry and fry until golden brown.