ENTRY PERIOD FOR THIS CONTEST WILL END APRIL 22, 2015. THE LAST FAN OF THE DAY WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON APRIL 30, 2015. CHECK BACK ON MAY 4, 2015 WHEN WE'LL START ENTRIES FOR THE FAN OF THE DAY CONTEST AGAIN.
Who Can Enter
1. Entrants must be legal Texas residents who are 18 years or older and reside in Bastrop, Blanco, Burnet, Caldwell, Fayette, Gillespie, Hays, Lee, Llano, Mason, Travis, or Williamson County, and have lawful access to the method of entry set forth in these rules.
2. Employees of NW Communications of Austin, Inc., on behalf of its television station KTBC, (collectively, "Sponsor"); their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies; and the immediate family and household members of each are ineligible.
How To Enter
3. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Only one entry per person. One winner per household. Enter the contest any time from May 9 starting at 9pm – until further notice.
4. Go to https://www.facebook.com/myfoxaustin during the entry period. You must be a member of Facebook and must like or already have liked our Facebook page to enter. You must click on the Facebook CONTESTS image and you will be taken to the contest entry page and then click on the FAN OF THE DAY image. Enter by providing your name, phone number, email address, and upload a picture of yourself having a Good Day configured as a .jpeg file. If you are not the only person in the photograph, you must have the permission of anyone else included in the photograph to enter the photograph in this contest. If the photograph includes yourself any minor, you must be the parent or legal guardian of said minor(s). Do not submit photographs taken by professional photographers. You must own the photograph that you submit or have permission from the owner of the photograph to submit it. Failure to include the required information will result in an invalid entry. All submissions must be original and conform to Sponsor's then-current standards and practices and policies as established or determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Without limiting the foregoing, submissions may not contain profanity or references to violence, or demean any gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. Entrants must own the copyright to, or otherwise have all necessary rights in, their entry materials. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or remove any entry based on a claim, including, without limitation, a claim of copyright infringement or misappropriation of likeness. Entry constitutes an unlimited perpetual license to Sponsor to use entry materials, including, but not limited to, the right to copy, distribute and display the entry materials on its websites, television stations and in any and all media whether now known or hereinafter invented.
5. Sponsor is not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry, winner(s) or other contest information by Sponsor or entrants for any reason whatsoever. Sponsor is also not responsible for any injury or damage to any entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials in the contest or for entries that are late, misdirected or incomplete. All entry materials may be maintained as part of KTBC's contest records. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF THE CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the contest if it becomes technically or otherwise corrupted.
6. The contest will be judged by KTBC personnel, and the decisions of the judges will be final as to all matters.
7. All entries that are illegible or are from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of NW Communications of Austin, Inc. (KTBC FOX 7), and will not be acknowledged or returned.
8. Starting on May 12, one winner will be randomly selected each weekday by 4:00PM from among all eligible entries. Entries not selected will remain eligible for subsequent drawings. Starting on May 13, the winner & their picture will be announced live on GOOD DAY AUSTIN between 9:00AM and 10:00AM local time every weekday. The winner will also be posted on KTBC's Face Book page by 10:00AM every weekday. If there is severe weather, breaking news stories, etc., then FOX 7 reserves the right to discontinue the on-air portion of the promotion.
9. Each winner (1 each day, 5 per week) will receive one Good Day Austin coffee mug (ERV: $5 provided by KTBC FOX 7).
10. The winner will be contacted via phone by 11am on the day of the announcement and via e-mail by noon on the day of the announcement. If a winner can't be reached or does not respond to the attempted contacts within 3 days, the winner will forfeit the prize, and the prize will not be awarded.
11. The winners will be required to complete, sign and return a Certification of Eligibility and Release and claim the prize in a manner determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion within 30 days of the date of notification. If a winner does not return the signed and completed Certification of Eligibility and Release and claim the prize within the designated time period, that prize will not be awarded.
12. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash or substituted for any other items by the winner. The winner cannot assign or transfer prizes. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of like or greater value, including cash, for any prize, for any reason.
13. The winners are responsible for all local, county, state, and federal taxes on prizes based on the value of the prizes set forth in these rules.
14. Only one prize will be awarded per household. Individuals are eligible to win only one prize in a KTBC contest within any 30-day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
Odds of Winning Miscellaneous
15. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
16. Except where prohibited by law, entry constitutes permission to use winners' names, hometowns, likenesses, and photographs for broadcast, online posting, and/or any in any other media, including for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional compensation.
17. These contest rules are available at www.myFOXaustin.com, and Monday through Friday during normal business hours at KTBC FOX 7, 119 East 10th St., Austin, TX 78701, after May 12, 2014.
18. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope after May 12, 2014 to: KTBC FOX 7, 119 East 10th St, Austin, TX 78701.
19. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law, including without limitation, in jurisdictions requiring registration, filing, trust account, or posting of a bond, or any other requirements or disclosures that are not expressly satisfied by these rules. Sponsors are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, offering, or administration of the contest, or in the announcement of the prize. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a particular entry, Sponsors will determine the entrant's identity or select an alternate winner, in its sole discretion. The order in which entries are received will have no bearing on the selection of the winner.
21. This giveaway is not sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook. Entry information is provided to Sponsor, not to Facebook. Entrants release Facebook from any and all liability for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind related to this giveaway.