Executive Chef at The Carillon Mohamad Azhar and Jaya Shukla from Bridal Motif talk about the upcoming event.
Chef Azhar made some food and the recipe is as follows:
- 1 ½ cups aged basmati rice (soaked for 20 to 30 mins, drain and set aside)
- lb boneless chicken
- Fried onions from 1 large onion
- 4 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 1 tbsp ginger julienne
- 4 tbsp clarified butter
- ¼ tsp saffron strands soaked in 3 tbsps. hot milk
Marination for chicken
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ cup yogurt
- 2 tbsps Lemon juice
- 1 ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp biryani masala powder
- ¼ tsp green cardamom powder
- Salt to taste
Dry spices for rice
- 3” cinnamon stick
- 6 cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ tsp pepper corn
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- Marinate the chicken with the ingredients mentioned under marination and set aside for at least 2 hrs and overnight is best.
- Wash rice till the water runs clear. Soak for 20 to 30 minutes. Heat 4 cups water in a utensil to cook rice. Add 1 tsp oil, dry spices and salt, let the water boil rapidly for 5 mins Add the soaked rice and cook till it is ¾ done. Remember this is very important. Do not make the rice mushy. Drain off if any excess water is left.
- While the rice cooks, transfer the marinated chicken to a heavy bottom casserole. Add fried onions, ½ of the mint, cilantro leaves, ginger julienne and pour in the clarified butter. Mix well and level the surface.
- Layer the cooked rice evenly; add fried onions, mint and cilantro leaves over the chicken.
- Repeat steps of layering rice, cilantro, mint leaves and then fried onions.
- Pour the saffron milk all over.
- Cover the rim of the casserole with foil to seal it
- Place this in an oven at 300 F for 2 hrs
Indian Spiced Lamb Chops
- 8 ea lamb chops
- 5 ea garlic cloves
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2-3 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1/4th cup yogurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Blend all the ingredients together except lamb chops and oil
- Smear the lamb chops with the paste. Leave to marinate for 2 hour.
- Heat 2 tea spoon of oil in a pan. Place the lamb chops in the pan on high flame. Leave to cook till golden brown.
- 1 medium sized English cucumber, finely diced
- 1 cup fresh yogurt
- 1 ea roma tomato, small diced
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to season
- Mix all the ingredients together and check for seasoning.
- To plate dish, serve biryani, lamb chops and raita. Garnish with fresh springs of cilantro and mint