Mark Cook talks about the new location at The Domain and shows off some of its specialties.
The recipe for the California roll is as follows:
5 oz Sushi Rice Cake, 4"
1/4 tsp Fry Flour
1/8 cup Nori Strips
2 1/2 oz Red Crab, drained well
1 oz Cucumber, 1/2" dice
1/4 each Avocado, 1/2" dice
3 Quattro Tomatoes, halved
1 T Masago
1 1/2 fl oz Serrano Chili’s, sliced paper thin
1 T Pickled Ginger Aioli
2-3 sprigs Cilantro
1 1/2 fl oz Aloha Sauce
1. Use a small pinch of fry flour to lightly coat the bottom of the rice cake just prior to placing in the fry basket to help prevent sticking.
2. Place rice cake in fryer and cook until lightly browned and slightly crispy. Approx. 1 minute
3. Place in a clean sav a day and pass to pantry for finishing
4. Place crab, cucumber, avocado, tomato halves, masago, chili’s and dressing in a clean stainless bowl and gently toss until well combined.
5. Place a 4" stainless ring in the center of a large round and place the crispy rice cake into the ring.
6. Evenly distribute the nori strips over the rice followed by the crab salad. Be sure to gently pack the salad into the ring to secure.
7. Remove ring and garnish the top of salad with 1 T. of the pickled ginger aioli followed by the cilantro sprigs.
8. Place aloha sauce around the entire perimeter of plate within the border.
9. Serve Immediately.