Mary Olivar from the Whole Foods Market showed us how to make delicious chocolate-dipped figs with almonds!
- 1 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup chopped unsalted toasted almonds
- 24 plump dried figs, such as Calimyrna
- Vermont Creamery Bonne Bouche for pairing
- Line a large sheet tray with parchment paper and transfer almonds to a wide, shallow dish; set both aside.
- Put chocolate into a small pot and heat over medium low heat, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth, about 5 minutes. Working with one at a time, hold a fig by the stem and carefully dip it into the chocolate, coating it about halfway up.
- Shake off any excess chocolate, roll the bottom in almonds and transfer to the sheet tray (if chocolate becomes too stiff, reheat it briefly over medium low heat).
- Set figs aside in a cool spot until chocolate is set, about 2 hours. Alternately, chill the figs for about 20 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden, and then return them to room temperature.