Melissa Brown with Whole Foods shares the perfect Mardi Gras recipe that's got some Cajun flair and is great for brunches!
The recipe, which yields two dozen, is as follows:
- Canola spray oil
- 2 green and/or yellow bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt-free Cajun seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 12 oz. pre-cooked shrimp from Whole Foods Market seafood department, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 8 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray two 12-mini-muffin tins with oil.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Spray generously with oil, add peppers and cook, stirring often, until golden brown and tender, 10 – 12 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and toss with seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and shrimp; set aside to let cool until warm.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Spoon shrimp mixture into muffin tins, and then pour eggs evenly over the top.
- Bake until puffed and cooked through, 20 – 25 minutes. Transfer to a platter and serve.