Mia Vargas from Whole Foods makes a healthy twist on a kid favorite that's a great recipe to get the kids involved in as well.
The recipe for vegetable spaghetti and meatballs is as follows:
• 1 pound 95 percent lean ground beef
• 1/2 teaspoon granulated onion
• 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
• 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• 1 package of vegetable noodles (zucchini or sweet potato)
• One 16 ounce jar pasta sauce of your choice
-In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients until well combined.
-Shape into 16 balls and transfer to the prepared baking sheet lined w/ parchment paper.
-Roast until cooked through and golden brown, 15 to 17 minutes at 450 degrees.
-Serve hot on top of raw vegetable noodles or cooked whole wheat noodles (sauté vegetable noodles in oil if desired)
-Top with hot pasta sauce and serve!