Emily Madden with H-E-B Cooking Connection shares a healthy recipe for the new year that can be served hot or cold.
The recipe is as follows:
1 8.8oz package Central Market Quick Cook Quinoa
1 12oz container HEB mild pico de gallo, drained
1/3 bottle, 4 oz, Cookwell & Company Hatch Vinaigrette
2 Tbsp Adams Reserve Spicy House Rub, divided
1 lb chicken cutlets
* Cook Quinoa according to package directions. For extra flavor try cooking it in vegetable or chicken broth.
* In the meantime, season chicken with 1 Tbsp of the Spicy House Rub.
* Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Once hot add in a couple Tbsp of oil and allow to heat. Once hot cook chicken for aprox. 2 minutes per side or until juices run clear. Let rest a few minutes before slicing.
* Once the quinoa is done, season with the remaining Tbsp of Spicy House Rub. Add in the pico de gallo and cheese and mix well.
* Slice chicken and place on top of a scoop of quinoa or dice the chicken and mix into the salad.