Mary Olivar with Whole Foods has a recipe for an easy and elegant appetizer that's perfect for holiday entertaining.
The recipe serves four to six is as follows:
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- 2 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 (4- to 6-ounce) log fresh goat cheese
- Crostini or crackers for serving
- In a pie plate, stir together thyme, marjoram, lemon zest, sage and basil.
- Roll cheese in mixed herbs until completely coated.
- Place cheese on a serving plate with crostini or crackers.