AUSTIN, Texas (FOX 7 Austin) - Emily Madden with H-E-B Cooking Connection puts her unique spin on a classic dish.
The recipe is as follows:
- 2 lb lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 3/4 cup Byers Best Candied Jalapenos, chopped
- 2/3 cups bread crumbs
- 2/3 cups Bodacious Red Soppin' Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Adams Reserve Just Right Burger Spice
- 2 cups H-E-B Mild Cheddar thick shredded
- Combine all ingredients except cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- Using your hands mix all the ingredients until well incorporated. Divide the mixture in two.
- Place one half of the meat mixture on the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish and form the bottom of the meatloaf by flattening it out in the shape of a loaf.
- Place the shredded cheese on top of the meat leaving about an inch from the sides.
- Place the remaining meat on top of the cheese and form into a loaf, making sure to close the sides so the cheese stays in the middle.
- Bake in a preheated 375° oven for 45-60 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°.
- Let rest 5 minutes before serving.