RECIPE: Duck Fat Fried Ravioli with Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- 2 jars duck fat
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp buttermilk
- 1 pkg H-E-B filled ravioli, cheese prefered
- 1 jar Orti di Calabria Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
* Place duck fat in a fryer or deep skillet over medium high heat and heat until 375°.
* Place the bread crumbs in a shallow dish, and whisk the eggs and buttermilk together in another. * Dredge the raviolis in the egg mixture, then the bread crumbs, pressing the breadcrumbs into the ravioli to make sure they stick.
* Once oil has heated place in a few ravioli at a time, making sure not to over crowd the pan. Fry for 2-3 minutes per side. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain. Repeat until all ravioli are fried.
* In the meantime warm up pasta sauce in a sauce pan. Transfer into a bowl for dipping.