Emily Madden with HEB Cooking Connection joins Good Day Austin to show us how to make Lucky Black Eyed Peas and Buffalo Bites.
Lucky Black Eyed Peas
- 1 16oz bag dried black eyed peas, rinsed
- 1 jar Better Than Good Black Eyed Pea Starter
- 32oz chicken stock
- 1 ham hock
- 4 strips of uncooked bacon, chopped
- 1/3 cup jalapeno mustard
- In large crock pot add in all ingredients except the ham hock and stir. When everything is mixed well, add in the ham hock.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 6. Stir occasionally. Add water if liquid gets too low.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- 1 bag mini sweet peppers
- 4 oz buffalo cheese dip
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 4 strips bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
- Cut peppers in half length wise and remove and seeds and ribs.
- Combine cream cheese and buffalo dip and mix well.
- Place buffalo cream cheese mixture In each half of the pepper and top with the crumbled bacon.
Also works with celery!