Neil Joiner, Joe Bixel and Trevor Lane from Porter Ale House Gastropub talk about their appearance on an upcoming reality show and demonstrate how to make Polish pierogies.
Learn more about Porter Ale House Gastropub here.
The Polish pierogi recipe is as follows:
Yukon Gold Potato Mash
Salt and Pepper
3 Quarts Flour
2 Pints Water
2 TBLS Sour Cream
1. Thinly slice 2 onions
2. Heat pot and add 1/4 cup butter and blended oil.
3. Have heat on high and cook onions until they turn brown.
4. Lower heat and let onion sautee for up to 1 hour.
1. In a mixing Bowl add water, sour cream, eggs and salt.
2. Mix until dough can be pulled off the sides of the bowl.
3. Leave the dough ball in bowl covered with a damp towel for about 30 minutes.
4. Flour surface and roll out dough to a thin layer.
5. Cut circle holes about 2 inches in diameter.
6. Egg wash the circle completely and fill with potato filling.
7. Fold over and circle dough in half and using your middle finger and thumb, clamp the sides together.
8. Put in boiling water for about 1 minute and then transfer to a sauté pan with butter.
9. Cook until golden brown.