Just after 12:00 a.m. Austin Fire Department were called to the home on Coleto. When they arrived they say heavy fire was coming out of the back two windows of the home.
Crews were quickly able to put the flames out but there were concerns of a possible roof collapse so, they did have to exit the structure and re-enter at least once.
Austin Fire Battalion Chief Palmer Buck says the house is a total loss.
No one was injured but two people have been displaced and are staying with a neighbor. The Red Cross is also helping.
Investigators say the fire was caused by an unattended candle. AFD did point out there were no working fire alarms in the home. Damage is estimated at $45,000.