The Texas Department of Transportation will be closing down both North and South Lanes of I-35 from 11:00 pm to 10 am on Friday and Saturday Night. TXDOT posted the following information to their Facebook page.
Both directions of I-35 at Slaughter Creek will be closed this Friday and Saturday nights (June 24 and 25) from 11 p.m. until 10 a.m at the Slaughter Creek overpass (exit 226).
Traffic will be detoured to the frontage roads in both directions. Crews will be demolishing a bridge , weather permitting.
Plan for delays or find an alternate route while crews conduct this necessary work. The Slaughter Creek overpass will not be accessible for about a year, while a new, wider bridge is built.
In addition to the I-35 lane closures parts of MoPac will also be shut down for construction. Follow TxDOT on social media for all their closure alerts like the one below.
Southbound Loop 1 Closed under Loop 360
Construction crews will close southbound Loop 1 at Loop 360 for bridge work on Saturday night, June 25, weather permitting.
Beginning at 10 p.m.:
- All southbound Loop 1 main lanes will be closed
- Southbound Loop 1 ramp to southbound Loop 360 will be closed
- Northbound two inside lanes of Loop 1 frontage road will be closed approaching Loop 360
- Northbound inside lane of Loop 360 at Loop 1 will be closed
- Drivers will detour to the frontage road and can re-enter at the next on-ramp near the Barton Creek Greenbelt
Motorists should allow extra time to travel through this area during the affected hours. TxDOT asks the traveling public to be patient and remain aware when traveling through the work zone. Road conditions and traffic updates available on Facebook, www.facebook.com/TxDOT, Twitter, www.twitter.com/TxDOTAustin, and at DriveTexas, www.DriveTexas.org. For media inquiries, contact Kelli.Reyna@txdot.gov or (512) 832-7060.