Capital Metro, Whole Foods and the Central Texas Food Bank and working together again to help Central Texas families in need with the 5th annual Stuff the Bus campaign. The campaign is from 12/9-11.
Those wishing to participate are being asked to help fill two entire Cap Metro buses at the Downtown and Domain Whole Foods Market locations with enough food to provide 50,000 meals. Donations from home or purchased pre-packaged bags will be accepted between 10 a.m and 6 p.m.
Most needed items include:
- Peanut butter
- Canned chicken breast or tuna
- Canned low sodium vegetables
- Canned fruit in its own juice (no added sugar)
- Dry pinto beans
- Brown rice
- Non fat dry milk powder
- 100% whole grain cereal
- Items should be intact in unopened consumer or commercial packaging. NO GLASS PLEASE.
You can also bring donations and drop them off in specially marked Central Texas Food Bank donation boxes at any Whole Foods Market from 12/9-11.
- Arbor Trails, 4301 West William Cannon
- Bee Caves, 12601 Hill Country Blvd.
- Domain, 1920 Domain Drive
- Downtown, 525 North Lamar Blvd.
- Gateway, 9607 Research Blvd.
The Capital Metro Transit Store at 209 W. 9th Street is accepting donations between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. until 12/9.
If you want to donate money you can add a dollar amount to your in store purchase at Whole Foods until December 14.
More information can be found here.