Firefighters are investigating after a fire at an apartment complex in Central Austin. It happened at a complex located at 803 Tirado Street.
The Austin Fire Department says it received a call at around 6 a.m. about a fire. When crews arrived on scene the fire was coming from the first floor laundry room and was reaching the second floor.
A resident, who lives directly above the laundry room, says he was sleeping at the time of the fire. He tells FOX 7 that they only reason he woke up is because he heard other people yelling.
No residents were hurt. Four apartments are affected by smoke damage.
Three people and two cats are displaced and the Red Cross is helping.
The cause of the fire is not know at this time but fire officials say it's very unusual for a fire to start in the laundry room.