AUSTIN, Texas (FOX 7 Austin) - Three people have been displaced from their home, and five more temporarily for the night, following a fire on Duval Road Saturday afternoon.
The Austin Fire Department responded to a structure fire in the 4200 block of Duval Road around 4:30 p.m. The first units on the scene reported a fire in a fourplex. By 5 p.m., crews were working on the final extinguishment of the fire.
According to AFD, the fire heavily damaged one unit and there was smoke and fire control damage to a second unit and minor water damage to a third. The cause was reported to be unattended cooking and accidental.
No injuries were reported, but three people will be displaced and receiving assistance from the Red Cross, according to AFD. Five other residents along with a dog and two cats will be displaced for the night, but AFD said they should be able to reoccupy tomorrow. The damage is estimated at $40,000 for the structure and $15,000 for the contents.