The Austin Police Department held a press conference today to unveil their new mobile app. Now they are reaching out to the public to, Help APD come up with a slogan to market AustinPD, the mobile app!"
According to the new apps download page...
The Austin Police Department (APD) is committed to building strong relationships across the community in order to improve public safety. The men and women of the department are committed to innovation and high quality customer service. APD prides itself in being at the forefront of transparency, technology and protecting the privacy rights of the citizens of Austin, Texas.
APD is proud to present its mobile application, AustinPD. The app is free to the public and gives you access to the latest news, photos, videos, events, alerts and crime information no matter where you are. In addition, the application allows two way communications using Twitter, Facebook and a special feature for submitting anonymous tips to the Department. Join us in working together to make the City of Austin a safer place for our communities and families.
The following features are included in the application:
- News: Read the latest news from the Chief and the Department.
- Blog: Read APD’s Making a Difference blog
- Photos: View images of Department activities.
- Crime Maps: View real-time crime maps of activities in your neighborhood or across the city.
- Submit a tip: Be the eyes and ears of APD and help the Department by submitting anonymous tips to help fight crime. The application has the capability to let you anonymously chat with our tips investigator to see what happens to your tip.
- Alerts: Sign up for alerts that can be delivered to your cell phone or email.
- Twitter: Follow and communicate with APD through a direct link to the Department’s Twitter account.
- Facebook: Review the latest Department’s information on Facebook and become a friend of the Department.
- Nextdoor: Sign up for Nextdoor and get citywide information as well as neighborhood-specific information.
- Videos: Watch videos from APD’s You Tube Channel.
- Instagram: Follow APD on Instagram.
- Sex Offender Registry: Access the Texas Department of Public Safety’s sex offender registry.
- APD Recruiting: Find out everything you need to know about applying to become an Austin Police Officer.
- File a report: File some non-emergency police reports online.
- Links: Access to other City of Austin departments and other area agencies.
- Police Stations: Find a list of all APD police stations.
Search for Austin Police in your smartphones app store.