AUSTIN, Texas (FOX 7 Austin) - A squad of firefighters with the Austin Fire Department has been sent to North Texas ahead of storms expected to hit the area during the next two days.
According to the Austin Fire Department, resources as well as members with the swiftwater boat squad were requested through the Taskforce Activation Requests around 11 a.m. on Thursday, May 2. The AFD swiftwater boat squad is one of four being deployed to North Austin.
Squads from San Antonio, Fort Worth, and Washington County EMS have also been deployed.
The following members and resources were deployed by the Austin Fire Department:
- Division Chief Palmer Buck - Water Team Supervisor
- Fire Specialist Duane Carter - Squad Leader
- Lieutenant Larry Morse - Asst Squad Leader
- Fire Specialist Ty Baker - Swift water Boat Operator
- Firefighter Travis Buddrus - Swift water Boat Operator
- Firefighter Steve Herrera - Agile Bowma
- Fire Specialist Ryan Arencibia- Agile Bowman
- One AFD swiftwater boat
- One TEEX swiftwater boat
- Two Support Vehicles
Rain is possible every day through Saturday in North Texas. The storms could cause flooding and produce damaging winds and hail, according to the National Weather Service.