On Tuesday, March 22, 2016 at approximately 5:42 PM, the Hays County Sheriff's Department received a 911 call of an aggravated robbery at Rosales Store on Dacy Lane in Buda.
The female clerk reported that at approximately 5:35 PM a male subject entered the establishment, displayed a handgun and demanded her to give him all of the cash. She supplied him with an undisclosed amount of money and he fled the store on foot down Dacy Lane.
The clerk followed him out of the store and fired multiple rounds at the suspect from a gun kept in the store. The suspect was able to flee the area in a Dodge Ram pickup that had been parked down the street.
It is unclear if there were any other occupants in the vehicle.
The robbery suspect is described as a:
- Hispanic Male, possibly 16-25 years of age, 5'3" - 5'10", thin build
- Wearing a Black or dark colored hoodie blue jeans, and gloves
- A white bandana covered his nose or mouth
- Spoke both English and Spanish during the encounter
- Armed with a silver handgun
The vehicle is described as:
- 1998-2009 Dodge Ram 4-door pickup truck
- Distinctive two-tone paint scheme: maroon hood, roof and doors (above windows), gray/silver on bottom half of vehicle (below windows)
- Tinted windows, 20" rims, Texas license plate, unknown number
Anyone with information regarding this case should contact the Hays County Sheriff's Office at 512-393-7896 and ask to speak with the Criminal Investigations Division or you may contact the Hays County Crime Stoppers at 1-800324-TIPS (8477). You may also submit your information electronically from the link on the Hays County Crime Stoppers website. Should your information lead to an arrest and indictment of the suspect(s), you will be eligible for a CASH reward of up to $1,000. All calls are confidential and callers will remain anonymous. You do not have to give your name and you will not have to testify in court.