Austin Police are investigating another sexual assault. The most recent attempted happened on Saturday on Jollyville Road.
- Highway 290 and US 183
- Duval Road and Floral Park
- Northgate Boulevard.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- If you have your hands full, have a plan in case you are attacked.
- Limit distractions. Keep the volume down on your headphones or use just one earphone in order to hear and be alerted to approaching hazards.
- If attacked in an apartment complex remember other apartments are close by so yell in order for neighbors to hear you.
- Exercise with a friend. In case of an emergency, you can help each other out.
- If you have to exercise solo, let at least one friend or family member know your route, expected return time, and description of your clothing.
- Make sure your cell phone is fully charged.
- Walk in well-lit and populated areas if possible. If not, have a light source handy.
- Carry identification and include name, phone number, and medical information (allergies, medications, medical history) Consider listing an emergency contact number.
- Use discretion when acknowledging strangers.
- If you believe someone is following you, call 911 as you move to a safe place. Stay on the phone until police arrive.
- Report any suspicious persons to 911.
APD said the suspect is a white or Hispanic male, standing around 5'9, has an average build, and speaks english.
According to police, the suspect attacks female victims from behind in open areas of apartment complexes, parking lots, and walkways.