The Austin Fire Department says the cause of a fire at an apartment on Elmont Drive on October 30th has been determined to be accidental.
The fire at the Monarch Apartments at 2425 Elmont began at around 7:30 p.m. One dog and one cat were rescued from the apartment with firefighters assisting the cat with oxygen.
One person was living in the apartment and is staying with friends.
Two Austin police officers were evaluated for smoke inhalation.
Officials say a pet is believed to have knocked over an unattended candle and started the fire.
Damage is estimated at $50,000 for structure and about $15,000 for contents inside the apartment.