Area schools and government offices have delayed start times due to concerns about the weather. Some school districts have even canceled classes.
Below is the list of those that have canceled:
- ALL Bastrop County school districts
- Lexington ISD
- Smithville ISD
- Fayetteville ISD
- Wimberley ISD
- Hays CISD
- Elgin ISD
- Del Valle ISD
- Dime Box ISD
- Grace Lutheran Learning Center - Smithville
- Katherine Anne Porter School - Wimberley
The following have a late start beginning at 10 AM:
- Non-essential City of Austin employees. The City Manager has authorized a late start for city operations to begin at 10 a.m.
- The University of Texas at Austin
- Smith Academy
- Harmony Public Schools
- Austin Community College
The following have delayed start times for two hours:
- Thrall ISD
- Austin ISD
- Granger ISD
- Pflugerville ISD
- Leander ISD
- St Edward's University
- Texas School for the Deaf
- KIPP Austin Public School
- Manor ISD
- Dripping Springs ISD
- Rockdale ISD
- Concordia University
- IDEA Public Schools Allan and Rundberg will on a two hour delay. Classes start at 9:45 AM
The following are delaying start times. The times are listed below:
- Hays County government offices opening at 12 p.m.
You can click on these links for more resources about safety and cancelations of events:
Download the Fresco News App, respond to an assignment, shoot, upload, and get paid.
Just like that, you've become an important part of our FOX 7 news team.