The LCRA says it is increasing flood operations in response to rain upstream of the Highland Lakes.
Officials say the following floodgates will be open at the following dams:
- Fully open the partially open floodgate at Buchanan Dam at 3 p.m.
- Fully open the two partially open floodgates at Tom Miller Dam (one at 4 p.m., the other at 6 p.m.) A third floodgate may be needed at Tom Miller Dam.
- Open a second floodgate at Mansfield Dam at 5 p.m.
- Partially open one floodgate at Wirtz dam at 6 p.m.
- Partially open one floodgate at Starcke dam at 7 p.m.
A ban on recreational boating on a part of Lake Travis continues as well. The affected area is from mile marker 31 upstream to Starcke Dam and on the Pedernales River from the confluence with the Colorado River to te Highway 71 bridge.
Daytime boating is not restricted but boaters are advised to use extra caution.
There is also a waterway ban on Ladybird Lake, Lake Austin and the Barton Creek Greenbelt remains closed.