The Austin Fire Department says that the spontaneous combustion of tortilla chips is to blame for a fire at a tortilla chip factory.
Officials say crews were called out to the fire at 6110 Trade Center Drive. They say the fire was contained to the exterior of the building and to multiple pallets of food waste. Large cardboard boxes of the same waste also caught on fire while crews were there.
AFD says that the factory was trying out a new blend of chips.
Officials say three days earlier boxes of the same food waste also spontaneously combusted.
There were no damages to the building in either incident.