Carbon monoxide sends 5 Dallas children to the hospital

- Five Dallas children were taken to the hospital Thursday after being exposed to carbon monoxide gas.

Dallas Fire-Rescue spokesman Jason Evans said their mother called 911 around 6:20 p.m. to report that they were all sick inside their apartment at The Hamptons at Lake West on Bickers Street.

When firefighters arrived they noticed the children were all exhibiting varying classic signs of CO poisoning. Everyone was moved outside and their conditions seemed to improve almost immediately, Evans said.

Initial monitoring of the apartment found traces of CO coming from a water heater. Apparently, the heater’s vent was blocked by pieces of sheet rock, causing the deadly gas to build up in the home.

The children, all between the ages of 1 and 14, were hospitalized as a precaution. They are expected to be okay.

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

WATCH FOX 7 NEWS LIVE

FOX 7 News streams at the following times (all times Central):


Monday - Friday

4:30 a.m. - 10 a.m.

12 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.

5 p.m. - 6 p.m.

9 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.

Saturday

6 a.m. - 8 a.m.

6 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.

9 p.m. to 10 p.m.

Sunday

6 a.m. - 8 a.m.

5 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.

9 p.m. to 10 p.m.



Schedule subject to change in the event of network sports coverage.

We also stream press conferences and other breaking news coverage from time to time. When we are not in a live newscast, you will see replays of the most recent broadcast.

To enter full screen Mode click the button.

For closed captioning, click on the button while in full screen mode.

Desktop/tablet users: To choose the stream's video quality, click on the button (while in full screen mode) and choose from 432p or 270p.

Mobile users:The video quality default is to your phone's settings.

Please allow time for buffering. If the stream stalls, refresh your browser. Thanks for watching

Stories You May Be Interested In - Includes Advertiser Stories