HARPURSVILLE, N.Y. (FOX 13) - The internet is abuzz after several optimistic updates from Animal Adventure Park: We could finally be close to seeing a baby giraffe.
Thursday morning's update says April the pregnant giraffe "continues to progress."
"Mammary development stays remains as filled udders, and will likely not get much Larger. Discharge continues to be present. Appetite is so - so this morning," the Facebook post says. "We continue calf countdown."
April and her mate Oliver have become internet sensations since the New York park began streaming live video of her pregnancy last month. Millions of people have checked in on the giraffe’s progress, many becoming regular fans watching for the latest developments.
The popularity prompted the park to create a website dedicated to April, along with merchandise for her fans.
The park is now producing multiple updates per day on their Facebook page, tracking everything from April’s mood to the dynamic spring weather.
Whenever the baby giraffe arrives, it will be April's fourth calf and Oliver's first.
GIRAFFE FUN FACTS:
• Once the calf’s hooves appear, labor will be over within 30 to 60 minutes
• Full grown giraffes can eat more than 100 pounds of leaves a twigs a day
• Male giraffes are taller and heavier than females
• The knobs on their heads are called ossicones
• Giraffes move both legs on one side of their body as they walk
• They can reach speeds of up to 35 mph
• Giraffes sleep less than two hours a day
• Female giraffes can become pregnant at just 5 years old
• They live up to 25 years in the wild
ANIMAL ADVENTURE PARK'S LIVE GIRAFFE CAM: