AUSTIN, Texas (FOX 7 Austin) - It's a quick and easy meal for that post New Year's Eve breakfast. Emily Madden with H-E-B Cooking Connection has more.
The recipe is as follows:
- 4 hot dog buns
- 4 sausage links, cooked
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 Tbsp Better Than Good Jalapeno Bacon Jam
- 4 Tbsp guacamole
- Salt and pepper
- Heat large skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, add in butter and let melt.
- To fry the eggs, crack each one into the pan equally apart.
- Season with salt and pepper and reduce heat to medium. Allow to cook for about 5 minutes for over easy. Whites should be cooked through but yolk should remain runny.
- Spread 1 Tbsp on one side of hot dog bun, and 1 Tbsp guacamole on the other half. place 1 link of sausage in each bun.
- Top with fried egg and your favorite salsa.