Culinary Director of Whole Foods Market's SW Region Tara Treffry shares an earthy recipe that's a perfect appetizer for entertaining especially during the holidays.
The recipe for wild mushroom crostinis features hard roasted wild mushrooms with fresh herbs which sit atop a whipped lemon ricotta on a baguette.
The recipe is as follows:
- 1 pound assorted wild mushrooms (oyster, shitake, chanterelle, cremini), washed and destemmed
- ½ teaspoon fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoon fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- Zest of two lemons
- Kite Hill Ricotta Cheese (vegan)
- Easy Tiger Baguette
- Wash, trim and roughly chop mushrooms.
- Mix with olive oil, garlic, rosemary, sage, salt and pepper and roast at 450 for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Slice baguette into ¼ inch pieces and toast at 350 until light golden (approximately 5 to 7 minutes).
- Mix Kite Hill Ricotta cheese with the zest of two lemons and spread in a thin layer on each crostini.
- Spoon rounded mixture of mushrooms on each crostini and garnish with fresh chives before serving.