AUSTIN, Texas - The City of Austin is looking to hire over 750 lifeguards, swim instructors, coaches, and cashiers in the next few months. The Austin Parks and Recreation Department’s (PARD) Aquatic Division will be hosting a series of hiring events throughout April and May.
At the Aquatic Hiring Days, potential lifeguards, swim instructors, swim coaches, or pool cashiers have the opportunity to complete an application and interview and register for required training. Applicants between 15 and 16 years old are required to have a parent present during their interview. 17-year-old applicants will need a parent's signature on their applicant paperwork.
Classes are offered for first-time lifeguards, returning lifeguards that need recertification, and lifeguards that are interested in becoming an instructor.
Starting pay is $15 per hour with no previous experience necessary.
Staff members will also receive free bus passes, have flexible schedules, and get to work outside.
Aquatic Hiring Days
- Jan. 30, 2020 PARD Aquatic Office 4 - 8 p.m. 2818 San Gabriel St., Austin, TX 78705
- Feb. 15, 2020 Dottie Jordan Recreation Center 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. 2803 Loyola Lane, Austin, TX 78723 Turner-Roberts Recreation Center 2 - 4 p.m. 7201 Colony Loop Drive, Austin, TX 78724
- Feb. 22, 2020 Dittmar Recreation Center (gym) 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. 1009 W. Dittmar Road, Austin, TX 78745 George Morales Dove Springs Recreation Center 2 - 4 p.m. 5801 Ainez Drive, Austin, TX 78744
- Feb. 27, 2020 PARD Aquatic Office 4 - 8 p.m. 2818 San Gabriel St., Austin, TX 78705
- March 7, 2020 Virginia L. Brown Recreation Center 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. 7500 Blessing Ave., Austin, TX 78752
- March 28, 2020 Springwoods Pool Noon – 4 p.m. 13320 Lyndhurst St., Austin, TX 78729
The Austin Parks and Recreation Department’s Aquatic Division is planning on hosting more events in April and May.