Propane gas leak leads to food truck explosions in San Marcos
SAN MARCOS, Texas - A propane gas leak led to the explosion of a food truck and a second propane tank in San Marcos, says the City.
Two explosions happened suddenly on Chestnut Street at a food trailer park on Thursday morning.
"Our units arrived on scene at 6:11 and began to engage in a small fire that was remaining from the first food truck that exploded when at 6:20 a second explosion occurred," San Marcos Fire Chief Les Stephens said Thursday.
According to investigators, a propane gas leak in the Rondooley’s Inc. food trailer came in contact with an unspecified ignition source, causing the first explosion.
The second explosion was caused by a separate propane bottle that overheated.
Video captured the moment one of the explosions sounded off.
The city says no criminal act is suspected in this incident.