Shed used as home destroyed by fire

Two people are out of their home after a fire overnight Monday. 

The fire happened just after midnight in the 1900 block of East 21st Street in east Austin. Crews arrived on scene to find a 10x20 shed on fire. The shed was being used as a home, according to the Austin Fire Department.

AFD was able to put out the flames, but the building was a total loss. One person suffered a minor burn to their hand. 

AFD says the cause of the fire was a candle that was knocked over on a mattress. 

The Red Cross was requested to help the two adults who lived there.