Early voting for the Texas primaries begins Feb. 20 and goes through March 2, 2018.
To learn more about the candidates running head to this voters guide by the League of Women Voters of Texas and Austin Area.
To cast a ballot you need to show an approved photo ID:
- Texas driver license issued by DPS
- Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
- Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
- Texas handgun license issued by DPS
- United States military identification card containing the person’s photograph
- United States citizenship certificate containing the person’s photograph
- United States passport
If you don't have any of the above, but are a registered voter you will be required to fill out and sign a form explaining why you can't obtain an approved ID. In addition, you'll need to provide one of the following official documents:
- Valid voter registration certificate (card)
- Certified birth certificate (original)
- Current utility bill
- Bank statement
- Government check
- Any other government document with the individual’s name and address (original)
To find a polling location for early voting you can head to the below resources:
- For Travis County voters head here
- For Williamson County voters head here
- For Hays County voters head here
- For Burnet County voters head here
- For Bastrop County voters head here
Election day is March 6, 2018 and polls will be open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m that Tuesday.