Mary Olivar from Whole Foods makes a recipe as we get ready for fall.
The recipe is as follows:
- 1 cup whole raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 3 OG fuji apples, cored and diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 lb. cooked animal welfare rated split chicken breast, diced
For the cashew-naise, put cashews in a container, add cold water to cover by an inch; cover the container and refrigerate overnight. Drain cashews and rinse under cold water. Place soaked cashews in a blender and add vinegar, mustard, turmeric, liquid aminos and 3/4 cup water. Blend until very smooth, 1 to 2 minutes.
For salad, in a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Toss again with celery, grapes, chicken and cashew-naise. Chill at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.