Make It Monday: Cool Treats for Pets
Kim Kenney and Betsy Black from Tomlinson's show how to make some treats to make sure your pets stay cool during the hot summer months.
The recipes are as follows:
Pumpkin & Banana Dog Treats
1 ripe Banana
¼ cup of pumpkin puree (we recommend Fruitables Pumpkin Superblend) OR ¼ cup of peanut butter (make sure it does NOT contain xylitol as it is toxic for dogs)
½ cup of coconut flour
1) Preheat oven to 350 F.
2) Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix well until combined.
3) Next, place dough on parchment paper and knead until no longer crumbly.
4) Using a rolling pin, roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
5) Cut treats using these a cookie cutter, and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
6) Bake for 20 minutes, then let cool completely before sharing.
7) Store uneaten treats in airtight container for 4 days or in a freezer for up to 3 months.
Goat Milk Pupsicles
1 cup of Goat’s milk (Bones&Co)
1-2 cups of Blueberries
1) Mix the Goat’s milk and blueberries in a bowl (If you would like, you can puree the blueberries before adding in with Goat’s milk)
2) Pour the ingredients into a popsicle mold
3) Add the bully stick (this replaces the wood stick and makes the treat waste-free and more delicious)
4) Freeze and enjoy!