Kim Kenney and Betsy Black from Tomlinson's show how to make some treats to make sure your pets stay cool during the hot summer months.
The recipes are as follows:
Pumpkin & Banana Dog Treats
1 ripe Banana
¼ cup of pumpkin puree (we recommend Fruitables Pumpkin Superblend) OR ¼ cup of peanut butter (make sure it does NOT contain xylitol as it is toxic for dogs)
½ cup of coconut flour
1) Preheat oven to 350 F.
2) Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix well until combined.
3) Next, place dough on parchment paper and knead until no longer crumbly.
4) Using a rolling pin, roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
5) Cut treats using these a cookie cutter, and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
6) Bake for 20 minutes, then let cool completely before sharing.
7) Store uneaten treats in airtight container for 4 days or in a freezer for up to 3 months.
Goat Milk Pupsicles
1 cup of Goat’s milk (Bones&Co)
1-2 cups of Blueberries
1) Mix the Goat’s milk and blueberries in a bowl (If you would like, you can puree the blueberries before adding in with Goat’s milk)
2) Pour the ingredients into a popsicle mold
3) Add the bully stick (this replaces the wood stick and makes the treat waste-free and more delicious)
4) Freeze and enjoy!