(FOX) - They’re known for their beef in Texas, and New Orleans has a culinary legacy all its own. So when the Cowboys and Saints go head to head on FOX's Thursday Night Football, it’s not hard to celebrate with a great dish.
Ray Lampe – better known as Dr. BBQ – combined Texas steak and Louisiana shrimp in a tasty tribute to week’s game.
1 flat iron steak, about a pound
16 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
Bamboo skewers soaked on water for an hour
8 slider buns
1 cup mayo
¼ cup Creole mustard
2 Tablespoons sweet pickle relish
1 Tablespoon paprika
1 Tablespoon prepared horseradish.
1 teaspoon hot sauce
1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
1 clove garlic, crushed
- Prepare the grill to cook direct over medium high heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the remoulade ingredients. Set aside.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper. Skewer the shrimp and season them with the Creole seasoning.
- Grill the steak for about 4 minute per side until it’s well browned and cooked to an internal temp of 125°. Set aside to rest.
- Grill the shrimp for about 2 minutes per side until they are opaque. Remove from the grill and set aside.
- Toast the buns on the cut side just until they are golden brown.
- Slice the steak thinly against the grain. Place two shrimp on each bun bottom. Top with a dollop of remoulade. Top with a few slices of the steak, then a small spoonful of salsa.
- Finally top each slider with a couple tortilla chips and the bun top.
SERVINGS: Makes 8 sliders