The Austin Fire Department spent most of Tuesday evening fighting a two-alarm fire south of Onion Creek.
Authorities said the fire started inside of a home on the 7000 block of Dee Gabriel Collins Road and then spread to an auto repair show right next door.
Firefighters said the fire was so bad, it hit an electrical pole and knocked that over. That only escalated the situation.
A family member said at least 10 people live inside the home and luckily everybody made it out and nobody was hurt. Many inside were small children. Their dog did not survive.
The fire burned for several hours however firefighters were able to control it. Thhe area is relatively remote, so AFD said access to water was an issue.
"There is not a hydrant within a mile of this location so we had to set up a shuttle operation to bring water from farther away from the scene closer to the scene," Vanessa Schaefer of Austin Fire Department said.
"(My aunt is) doing well she actually looks in very good spirits, it's my cousins and grandkids who seem to be more in shock and sad about losing all their stuff and memories they had in that house," Delia Guerrero, who's aunt's home burned down, said.