Georgia woman killed in Syria terrorist attack

Image 1 of 7

An East Point family is grieving after the crushing loss of a loved one, an interpreter killed in the Wednesday suicide bomber explosion in Syria.

Ghadir Taher, 27, was among four Americans killed when the blast blew up a restaurant in the northern part of Syria.

“She wished me a happy birthday, she wished me a happy birthday,” said Ali Taher, Ghadir's brother.

SEE ALSO: Florida soldier, a father of 4, among those killed in Syria suicide bombing

Ali last spoke to his sister two weeks ago. And he was planning to return the favor.

“Her birthday is coming up in two weeks I was planning to surprise her with a gift,” said Taher.

Ghadir Taher is among four Americans killed along with 15 others when a suicide bomber blew up a restaurant Wednesday in the Northern Syria town of Manbij.

Her brother said his older sister was an Arabic interpreter, interpreting between service members and the Syrian people.

“Everybody over there loved her. They knew her value,” said Taher.

RELATED: Trump salutes remains of 4 Americans killed in Syria suicide bombing attack

He said she knew her job with defense contractor Valiant Integrated Services was risky but felt it was important work.

“She didn’t take political sides she just cared about everybody. If she saw unjust she couldn’t stand by. Any room she walked into she filled it with joy.

The 27-year-old and her family immigrated from Syria to East Point where she graduated from Tri-Cities High School.

Fearing safety and wanting privacy the family asked FOX 5 News not to show their house in East Point which they have called home for many years.

Just after they spoke to FOX 5 News the family drove to the airport en route to Dover Air Force Base in Delaware to retrieve her body of Ghadir Taher.

“We don’t know when the plane is arriving but we are going to be there when that does happen,” said Taher.

Ali Taher said his sister will be buried “near their home.” Details are pending.

RELATED: American service members killed during an explosion while conducting a routine patrol in Syria