MARBLE FALLS, Texas - Marble Falls ISD says that the district is planning for schools to reopen for all students every day next year.
According to a Twitter post, the district says the school year will begin on Wednesday, August 19 and administration has recommended no changes to the 2020-21 school calendar approved in December.
Parents will be able to select how their student receives instruction, but Marble Falls ISD says that "remote instruction will match the level of rigor used during in-person instruction" and that the grading guidelines, GPA circulation, time on tasks, attendance requirements and other expectations for remote instruction will match in-person instruction as closely as reasonably possible.
Parents and students in grades 3-12 should be prepared to attend remote instruction every day, at set times, and follow a daily schedule, and should anticipate assignments to be completed daily to meet attendance requirements.
Students in PreK to second grade will be learning from instruction not necessarily being delivered in-person or in real-time and may include various forms of digital and online learning. Attendance will also be recorded daily so parents should anticipate assignments to be completed daily to meet those recording requirements.
Marble Falls ISD says it will continue to issue learning devices needed for remote learning and that some families may be eligible for assistance with obtaining internet access.
Parents will have the ability to work with campus and district staff to change learning models at the end of a grading period.
The district is also putting in health and safety measures to lessen the spread of COVID-19 on campuses for students and staff, including:
- Hand sanitizer will be in every classroom, common areas and entrances
- All students will be taught how to approximately wash their hands and twice daily will participate in supervised handwashing
- Visitors will be limited and will be required to engage in health screening/protocols
- Medical masks, while not required, will be encouraged
- Practices will be modified to promote social distancing and avoid group gatherings
- Staff and students will be trained on protocols for minimizing the spread of COVID-19
- Educational posters and signage will be posted across all district facilities
- A designated staff person at each campus will serve as the COVID-19 contact person/liaison
- All staff and students will self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms before coming to campus every day
- Students will be screened at the start of every week for symptoms or if they have had close contact with someone who tests positive
- Custodial staff will clean and sanitize facilities regularly, paying particular attention to doorknobs, handrails and other highly used surfaces during and at the end of each day
The District will add more measures based on recommendations from TEA in the coming weeks and months.
For more on Marble Falls ISD's plans for the fall semester, click here.
FOX 7 Austin is working to keep you up to date with coronavirus, with both local and national developments. You can also get the latest COVID-19 news from around the country at coronavirusnow.com.