AUSTIN, Texas - On June 17 in Austin, Dallas, El Paso, Houston, and San Antonio, Moms Demand Action key stakeholders and volunteers will hold #AbbottFailedTexas protests against HB 1927, a dangerous permitless carry bill that would strip the state of essential permitting and training standards for carrying handguns in public.
Earlier this year, law enforcement officials joined gun safety instructors to hold a press conference urging lawmakers to oppose permitless carry. In April, doctors, law enforcement officials, leaders in the fight against domestic violence, and other advocates called on their senators to reject permitless carry, as have the editorial boards of the Houston Chronicle, Dallas Morning News, and San Antonio Express-News.
Locations for the protest are listed below:
- AUSTIN: 10-11 a.m at Texas Governor’s Mansion, 1010 Colorado St. Austin, TX 78701
- DALLAS: 10-11 a.m. at Ronald Kirk Pedestrian Bridge, Dallas, TX 75207
- EL PASO: 10-11 a.m. at El Paso Strong Mural, 1011 N. Cotton St., El Paso, TX 79902
- HOUSTON: 10-11 a.m. at Nau Family Pavilion at Eleanor Tinsley Park, Houston TX 77019
- SAN ANTONIO: Noon-1 p.m. at San Antonio Municipal Courthouse, 401 S. Frio St. San Antonio, TX 78207