BUDA, Texas - The City of Buda has announced that a portion of its Main Street in the downtown area will be closed beginning at 8 p.m. on February 28 and will re-open by 5 a.m. on March 2.
The portion that will be shut down is between San Antonio Street and China Street and includes the intersection of Main Street and RM 967.
The road is being closed due to mill and overlay work.
Officials remind people of the following things:
- There will be no on-street parking on Main Street between San Antonio Street all the way to China Street and no access to the parking lot near the water tower.
- Traffic will be diverted to San Marcos Street from San Antonio Street but Austin Street will remain open.
- Side streets will remain open so access to parking areas located on Elm, Ash, Peach, and south of China will be open.
- Downtown visitors will be able to park in the lot near Inspired Minds Art Center but it will only be accessible via Houston Street.
- Pedestrians should use crosswalks located outside of the construction zone. The crosswalk at RM 967 and Main Street will be closed.
- Truck traffic should use the 2770 detour.
If there is any inclement weather, officials say plans will change.