AUSTIN, Texas - For most people Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year but for others the phrase is more applicable to when the Girl Scouts begin selling their cookies!
The Girl Scouts of Central Texas kick off sales Wednesday (1/15) and have some big goals for 2020.
Did you know you can do more than just eat the cookies? There's a lot of great recipes you can try too. Below are a few:
Girl Scout Cookie Sandwiches
- 2 of any Girl Scout Cookie (except maybe the peanut butter sandwiches, because they’re already a sandwich)
- Vanilla Ice cream
For Marshmallow sandwiches:
1. Place one cookie on a plate and place a marshmallow on top
2. Place cookie and marshmallow in microwave and microwave for 15 seconds
3. Remove and place other cookie on top of the marshmallow, to form a sandwich
For Nutella or Ice cream:
1. Put ice cream or Nutella on one side of the cookie
2. Sandwich the cookie by placing the second cookie on top of the Nutella or ice cream
Crazy Cookie Milkshake
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Ice cubes
- Your Choice of Girl Scout Cookie
- Optional – whipped cream
1. Place ice cream, milk, cookies, and ice into a blender and blend until smooth
2. Pour into a glass, garnish with whipped cream and crumbled cookies
Thin Mint Bark
- 9 oz of Thin Mints
- 4 oz of cream cheese at room temperature
- 12 oz candy melts
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips
1. Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
2. Melt 6 oz of the green candy melts and 1/3 cup of the white chocolate chips together in a bowl according to the directions on the green candy melts.
3. Spread out over the wax paper making sure you don't make it too thin (see recipe notes). Let dry completely (about 20 minutes).
4. Put the cookies in a food processor and grind to a fine crumble.
5. Break up the cream cheese into smaller pieces and drop in the food processor. Blend until fully combined.
6. Spread in an even layer over the first layer of chocolate. Put in the freezer for a half hour.
7. Melt the second 6 oz and 1/3 white chocolate chips according to the directions on the green candy melts.
8. Take the first two layers out of the freezer and very gently spread the third layer on. If you don't have enough to make it the whole way, break off the part missing the third layer and fold it over on itself.
Girl Scout Cookie Mini Cheesecakes
- 2 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 stick of melted butter
- 2 eggs
- Your choice of Girl Scout Cookies (3 per each mini cheesecake)
1. Heat oven to 325°F.
2. Crush cookies into fine consistency
3. Mix crushed cookies with butter and press into bottom of a cupcake pan – about ½ inch thick
4. Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with mixer until blended. Add eggs; beat just until blended.
5. Pour into crust.
6. Bake 40 min. or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 3 hours.