Austin ISD is hiring and hosting a job fair at the Baker Center on Tuesday, June 20, 2017.
The AISD Job Fair will take place from 8 30 am until noon at the Baker Center on Avenue B.
Positions that will be available include jobs in transportation, food service, and maintenance.
Compensation: Starting at $13.90 per hour
Minimum qualifications include:
- 21 years of age
- No record of DWI or convictions, acceptable driving record according to the Texas Department of Public Safety standards
- Completed online job application (computers available to applicants on-site)
- Candidates also must pass a physical examination, drug test and criminal background check.
Benefits for bus drivers and manager trainees include:
- Medical insurance
- Texas Teacher’s retirement
- Paid training
- Paid personal and sick leave
- Paid holidays
AISD also offers a $400 signing bonus for new bus drivers (candidates will receive bonus after six months with no preventable accidents and no more than two absences).
Manager Trainee Compensation: Starting at $14.18 per hour
Pay for Substitute Food Production Specialists is $7.25 per hour. Substitute Food Production Specialists is a temporary hourly position with no benefits. Potential for promotion to regular status with wage increase and paid benefits.
The pay varies depending on the job position.