AUSTIN, Texas - The Austin Independent School District has announced a list of schools frozen to transfers in the 2020-21 school year.
AISD says each year, they determine which schools should be frozen by noting which campuses have, or are expected to have, enrollments exceeding their capacities.
For 2020-21, the following schools are frozen:
- Akins ECHS
- Navarro ECHS
- Becker (except dual-language)
- Gullett (except kindergarten)
- Lee (except kindergarten)
- Mathews (except kindergarten)
- Oak Hill
- Reilly (except dual-language through fourth grade)
- Ridgetop (except dual-language)
- Summitt (except dual-language)
- Sunset Valley (except dual-language through fourth grade)
- Zilker (except kindergarten).
AISD says frozen schools can still accept applications for magnet, application or dual-language programs and that families interested in these programs should contact the individual school directly for more information.
AISD says the district will begin accepting requests for transfers for the 2020–21 school year on Friday, Jan. 3. Non-AISD employees may request out-of-district transfers beginning Monday, Feb. 3.
For more information on transfers, visit Austin ISD's website.