AUSTIN, Texas - Austin ISD canceled classes Friday just hours after the city leaders confirmed the first cases of coronavirus in the Austin-Travis County area. Schools and offices will be closed and that it will continue to closely monitor the situation and provide additional updates as necessary.
The district also said that breakfast and lunch will be prepared and distributed at 14 campuses during the closures.
The campuses are as follows:
- Dobie Middle School
- Cook Elementary School
- Burnet MIddle School
- LBJ Early College High School
- Govalle Elementary
- T.A. Brown Elementary School
- Eastside Memorial Early College High School
- Dawson Elementary School
- Linder Elementary School
- Crockett Early College High School
- Pleasant Hill Elementary School
- Houston Elementary School
- Akins Early College High School
- Perez Elementary School
AISD is scheduled to begin Spring Break on Monday.
Officials urge students, parents and staff to remain vigilant in their efforts to say healthy.