GEORGETOWN, Texas - The City of Georgetown will host a free household hazardous waste collection event next month.
The event, set for Oct. 21 from 9 a.m. to noon at the Georgetown Municipal Complex, will be open to up to 400 eligible solid waste customers with Texas Disposal Systems.
Customers must contact Customer Care at 512-930-3640 or firstname.lastname@example.org to have their name placed on a list, and include their name, address, and utility account number when emailing customer care. Customers must have their name on the list to participate.
Residents must remain in their vehicles during the no-contact collection. Staff will unload items from the back seat or trunk.
All items to be dropped off must be in their marked original containers. Commercial disposal and trailers are not allowed.
Acceptable items include:
- Batteries (household, hearing aids, cell phone, etc.)
- Automobile batteries
- Pool and spa chemicals
- Used oil/oil filters (up to five gallons per vehicle)
- Transmission fluid
- Light bulbs (including regular, compact, and four-foot fluorescent)
- Over the counter, residential lawn and garden chemicals
- Household cleaners and disinfectants marked caution, warning, or poison
- Art and hobby chemicals
- Paint (up to 10 gallons per vehicle)
- Over the counter one-pound disposal propane bottles
- Gasoline (up to five gallons per vehicle)
- Smoke detectors and fire extinguishers
- Propane and helium tanks
Unacceptable items include:
- Unmarked containers or unknown chemicals
- Construction, commercial, or landscape waste
- Professional, concentrated chemicals that require a professional license to mix
- Medications or pharmaceuticals
- Oxygen tanks
- Explosives (including ammunition and fireworks)
- Radioactive materials
- Biological materials
For more information about the City’s solid waste and recycling services, click here.