HCLHD says that it will also have a small group to provide phone assistance for those without internet access. The department is asking residents to allow those who "truly need to make an appointment by phone use that system." To make an appointment, residents can call 512-938-1650.
HCLHD says when the appointments for this batch of doses are filled, the portal will close and then reopen when the next batch of doses is received.
Appointments can be canceled up to 48 hours prior via a confirmation email. Appointments for second dosages will be scheduled at the time of the first appointment.
Residents with appointments should also do the following:
- Print and complete the consent form on the website and bring it to the vaccination appointment
- Arrive five minutes early from the time of the appointment
- Plan for waiting 15 minutes after vaccination for observation
- Wear appropriate clothing as the vaccine is administered on the shoulder
- Masks must be worn at all times while inside the remote clinic
- Anticipate traffic and plan ahead