AUSTIN, Texas - One person has been taken to the hospital and a dog is dead after a house fire in southwest Austin.
The Austin Fire Department reported the fire at a home in the 5900 block of Salcon Cliff Drive was under control just after 8:30 p.m. Nov. 13.
ATCEMS transported one adult, who had been declared a trauma alert, to Dell Seton with critical injuries. The dog was recovered deceased, says AFD.
AFD says the cause of the fire has been ruled accidental and involved a gas/wood combination fireplace.
The total loss is estimated at $600,000, with $400,000 for the structure and $200,000 for the contents.
Crews are expected to remain on scene overnight.
This story is developing. Check back for updates.