Tuesday's Meal: Texas Crab Cakes
Emily Madden with H-E-B Cooking Connection shares a classic dish that's got a Lone Star twist.
The recipe for her Texas crab cakes is as follows:
2 8 oz containers of lump crab meat, drained well
8 Ritz crackers, finely crushed
1/4 red bell pepper, small dice
1/4 green bell pepper, small dice
1 jalapeno, ribs & seeds removed (if desired), fine dice
2 green onions, sliced thin
2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped well
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1 egg, beaten
2 Tbsp mayonnaise
1 Tbsp jalapeno mustard
1 Tbsp Adams Reserve Lopez Rub
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs (for breading)
1 cup (or as needed) grapeseed oil
Gaidos Remoulade Sauce
* First combine the mayo, mustard, lime juice, egg, and Lopez rub. Mix well.
* Add in bell peppers, jalapeno, green onion, and cilantro. Mix well.
* Now add in the crab and cracker crumbs. Combine everything well but try to keep the crab intact as much as possible.
* Form into 6-8 patties. Place panko bread crumbs on a plate and coat each patty well.
* Heat oil over medium heat. When oil is hot, place 2-3 patties in pan, do not over crowd. Fry 3-5 min per side depending on size.
* Remove from pan and place on plate with paper towel to drain excess oil. Serve with Giados Remoulade sauce as an appetizer or entrée!